Saturday, June 6, 2015

Father-In-Law Gate Fold Birthday Card

Let me start this post by saying that I love pink.  Like I have an abnormal obsession with pink.  If I ever do a scrap room tour, you will see that the walls in my office are a bright, beautiful pink.  Well, the problem starts when I have to make a birthday card for a man or boy.  I have a hard time stepping away from my favorite color.  Today was the day, though!  I had to make a birthday card for my father-in-law because we are going out to dinner tonight for his birthday.

So, I spent about an hour this morning making his card.  I picked a blue and green owl patterned paper from Studio G and paired it with Simon Says Stamp Soft Navy cardstock.  The Happy Birthday die is called Boxed Up Birthday by Lil' Inker Designs, and I framed it with the SSS Soft Navy cardstock.



I made it a gate fold card, because I have never tried that before.  I love the way it turned out!


The inside sentiment says 'With age comes wisdom (you're one of the wisest people I know!).'  It is from a set called Laugh Out Loud by Clearly Besotted, and stamped with the SSS Soft Navy ink.  I love to give funny birthday cards, so I adore this stamp set!




I am entering this card in the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week, with the theme of Make it Masculine.  I hope you liked the card today!

I am also entering this card in the the following challenges:

My Time to Craft Challenge Blog:  Challenge 295 - Male
Simply Create Too Challenge Blog:  Challenge 87 - Masculine
Brown Sugar Challenge Blog:  Challenge 149 - Anything Goes
Addicted to Stamps Challenge Blog:  Challenge 147 - Make Your Mark
Papertake Weekly Challenge Blog:  Anything Goes

14 comments:

  1. yeah what a great idea to use the sentiment as the focal point and especially on a gate fold card - it works great. Thank you so much for sharing with us in our 'MALE' card challenge at My Time to Craft. Annie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you did a great job stepping away from pink and and I am sure you FIL will cherish this card. Thanks for joining us at ATSM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! Love the paper and sentiment. Thanks for sharing at Simply Create Too ~ Masculine Challenge. Lisa DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fantastic card. Love that die cut for your gate fold, and I think I am going to buy that hilarious sentiment set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I bought that stamp set just for my father-in-law, and it is perfection!

      Delete
  5. Love your fabulous owl card, great style of folding card too.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this is a great guy card! Love the paper you've used and the die cut sentiment is lovely. Thanks so much for playing along with ASM this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card !
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week !

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for joining us at My Time to Craft Challenge Blog. Hope to see you again and good luck!
    Ema
    DT Member

    ReplyDelete