Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Muted flowers

Yesterday was so exciting.  You see, I received a package from Simon Says Stamp in the mail!!!  Now this wasn't just any package.  This was a birthday package!  So it was like opening a birthday present that I picked out for myself, so I just KNEW I would love it!  And I did love it.  Most of the product I bought was from the new SSS release on June 11th called The Color of Fun.  The release has stamps, dies, a stencil, grid paper, and most importantly, 12 new ink colors...all with a summer of fun theme!  If you haven't checked it out, what are you waiting for?

No matter how much you love all your gifts, there are always the ones that are just a little bit more wonderful.  For me, those were the 12 new inks and the Many Thanks stamp set.  The Many Thanks stamp set was designed by WPlus9 for SSS for this release.  It is a multi-layer, watercolor flower set, and it is, in a word, wonderful.


I used several of the new ink colors with one older color to round it out.  The yellow flowers are Duckling and Sunshine (the one older color), the pink flowers were Rosie Cheeks and Hollyhock, the orange flowers were Melon and Sunkist, and the leaves are Catkin.  Now let's discuss the Catkin ink.  I heard the name, and was not impressed.  I saw some cards using it, and wasn't in love.  I watched some videos including it, and was simply not on board with this color.  But then, then I got it in my hands and on paper!  I am now impressed, in love, and completely on board with Catkin!  It is the perfect green complement to this line of colors.  I won't go as far as to say it is my favorite color from this release.  That is Sunkist.  Or is it Wisteria?  No, Hollyhock definitely.  Well, maybe Scuba.  Oh whatever...they're all wonderful!

I finished off the card with some vellum from Hobby Lobby and a couple of older stamp sets.  The Happy stamp is from the SSS Happy stamp set and the Birthday is from My Favorite Things Birthday Sentiments stamp set.  I didn't have the exact sentiment I was looking for, because I didn't buy this stamp set from the release (silly me!), so I improvised.  The card base is Sunshine cardstock from SSS.  I cut the Georgia Pacific white paper with a Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangles die, and the vellum with the Lil' Inker Stitched Mats: Long and Skinny Rectangles die.  I hope you liked the card!

No comments:

Post a Comment