Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Big Hugs

I decided to join in on another StampNation challenge, called Flower Power.  My first attempt was a big fail!  I wanted to make a shaker card (since yesterday's shaker was so cute!) with a flower die.  I tried to use foam instead of foam tape, and well, let's just say that I had seed beads everywhere!  So, when all else fails, I go with a one layer CAS card.  I will admit that I don't know what these flowers should actually look like, and I probably should have Googled the stamp set to see how others were using it. But I just winged it, and I'm happy with the results (that middle flower is very, very pink IRL).


I used Simon Says Stamp inks (Doll Pink, Duckling, Hydrangea, Audrey Blue, Sunkist, and Green Apple) to stamp the flowers and leaves from the SSS Flowers on my Mind stamp set.  I didn't even worry about the flowers overlapping!  Then I added a sentiment from the SSS Big Scripty Greetings stamp set, using Versamark ink and My Favorite Things Black Licorice hybrid ink to make a black embossed sentiment, with some Ultra Fine Clear embossing powder by Hero Arts.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kayla, WOW you are on a roll with these challenges on StampNation. I am certainly enjoying your participation and wonderful cards. So pleased you winged this card, it is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete