Friday, April 8, 2016

Make A Wish

I'm a very girly girl.  I enjoy baking.  I love sparkly things.  I squeal when there is a bug near me.  And I absolutely, positively love the color pink.  So I tend to navigate that way when I make cards, which limits me on who I can give the cards to.  So, I very actively decided to go with a different color pallette today - one outside of my comfort zone.

Now don't get me wrong.  I like blue, especially Peacock Feathers by Tim Holtz.  But my hand rarely pulls those blue inks out.  Well today, it's all about the blue.  I selected several blue Distress inks and inked up this fun background.  Then about halfway through making it, I forgot that I was trying to stay away from the girly look, and added sparkle, and glitter, and sequins. So it turned out to be feminine anyway, but I love it.


I used several of the Stamp of Approval stamp and die sets on this card, which aren't available from the manufacturers yet.  If you didn't get the Stamp of Approval Young at Heart collection, you will have to wait a few more weeks or months for them to be released.  I love the 2 streamer stamps in the Bring on the Cake stamp set by SugarPea Designs that I used to make the background with.  I also used the Lawn Fawn Stitched Circles and Stitched Rectangle dies.



The layout of the card is based on the MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge - Sketch 275.  I saw several cards based on this sketch that were very inspiring, so I decided to play along.

Have a good day.
Kayla

2 comments:

  1. Super fun and dreamy card! But i could see it as girly still! Or gender neutral for some males. I love those streamers in the background. Very festive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mimi! Those streamers really are my favorite!

      Delete