Sunday, April 3, 2016

Wishing You Strength

I recently made a card for a co-worker that is going through a tough time.  Her mother has cancer and is now in Hospice care.  I can really empathize with my co-worker and felt pulled to send her this card.  It is not very fun to make these kinds of cards, especially if they are made for a specific person, as the need arises.  I didn't want the card to be flashy, or shiny, or sequined, or fancy.  Just a simple, 'Hey, I'm thinking of you," card.  I have seen several people making this style of card recently, and I wanted to give it a try.



It doesn't feel right to me, to focus on the products used on this card, but instead to focus on the message.  I told you in my last post that my grandfather would say, "Have a good day," as a goodbye.  He passed away several years ago now, also from cancer and while in Hospice care.  I have lost 2 other grandparents to cancer, and have 2 more family members fighting it currently, including my dad on his third diagnosis.  I think that we can all understand the pain and heartbreak of having a sick loved one, and even losing that sick loved one.

This post didn't go where I planned when I started it.  I hope that anyone who sees it knows that they aren't alone in their struggle, and can find some comfort with others.  Please be kind to everyone.  You never know what they are struggling with.  To anyone out there going through this struggle, or any other, I wish you strength.

And even when it is hard, I hope you have a good day.
Kayla



PS - I know this is a little against the message I posted above, but I wanted this to be seen by as many people as possible.  I am entering this card into the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Try to Resist.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful CAS card! Sending prayers to your loved ones too. Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog this week :)

    ReplyDelete