Sunday, June 5, 2016

CYCI #123 - Star Glittered Banner

The theme this week over at the Can You Case It blog is a color challenge to use red, white, and blue. Of course that pointed me right down the 4th of July path, so I followed. I went to my inventory and looked for anything patriotic or 4th of July themed, and I have nothing! Ohmygoodness! What is a girl to do? 


After thinking for a little bit, I remembered that I had a background die from Memory Box called Star Garlands, that has stars hanging from strings. Ok, so that's a start. How do I get the red, white, and blue colors in? Distress ink the background, of course. So I used the Candied Apple and Blueprint Sketch distress ink minis to add color to the background, and placed the die cut out of Tim Holtz silver glitter paper. (Side note:  Do you know how difficult it is to die cut glitter paper?) 

So, the background is done. Now to find a focal point. I scoured the internet for patriotic digi stamps, and found a freebie at Whimsie Doodles called July4Day, and she is really cute! I colored her up with my Copics, and used the Gina Marie Scalloped Stitched Oval diesSSS Stitched Oval dies, SSS Blue Violet cardstock, and SSS Lipstick Red cardstock to mat the image. I finished off the card with some star confetti and Pretty Pink Posh sparkling clear sequins.


Have a good day.
Kayla

12 comments:

  1. OMG Kayla... this is AWESOME! Thanks for joining CYCI :) Eva

    ReplyDelete
  2. That star garland ROCKS, Kayla!!! I have yet to try a digi stamp, but I think you have convinced me to step out of my comfort zone with this creation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Amber! You should definitely try digi stamps, and Whimsie Doodles has several that are free that you can use to see if it is something you like.

      Delete
  3. This card is AWESOME! So eye catching! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awe! i just LOVE your background! This is such a wonderfully patriotic card! Great coloring too! Thanks for joining us at Can You Case It? --Elizabeth Jeanne (Happy Stamper)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fantastic Kayla, great inking, coloring and that star garland is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kayla, I just love the background and the background garland! And... you rocked the little girl with sparklers. Now I want Sparklers for the 4th of July! Totally awesome. Thanks for playing along with CYCI! ~Pam, DT

    ReplyDelete