Sunday, June 19, 2016

CYCI #125 - Untraditional Baby Card


The challenge at Can You Case It this week is to use red, gray, white, and black. When I looked at the challenge, for some reason, I knew I had to make a baby card. Now those are very un-baby-like colors, but I was determined. I took out my supplies, and for a few hours, my determination felt futile. I stamped the onesie on white cardstock and the images with colored ink, but that felt so dull. Then I cut out layers of cardstock, but that was a no go. Then I tried to find some patterned paper in the right color scheme, but I couldn't make anything work. I kept getting more and more frustrated with this card, so I took a break to go shopping with a crafty friend. When I came back to the card, I was refreshed and even more determined to finish it.

Thankfully, sometimes determination brings great triumph. I found the right combination of layers, die cut the images and placed them on Distress sponged onesies, and hung them with mini-clothespins on a clothesline of black and white baker's twine. This will definitely be a hand delivery card, but the clothespins are the finishing touch it needed. So after struggling for 6 hours, the card came together and I simply adore the end result.


Products used:
Clearly Besotted Little Onesie stamps and dies
Tim Holtz Distress ink - Candied Apple and Hickory Smoke
Tim Holtz silver Deco Sheets
SSS Cardstock - Black, Slate, and Schoolhouse Red

Have a good day.
Kayla

10 comments:

  1. Kayla, this card is so AWESOME!!!!! I LOVE it. It makes a perfect baby card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH My Gosh Kayla, this is adorable! Thanks for joining CYCI "tehe" Eva

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is SO stinkin' cute this week, Kayla! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love how this turned out, truly one of my fav baby cards and love that it's un-traditional!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kayla, totally adorable baby card! Love the layers and great use of the color challenge. Thanks for playing along with CYCI. ~Pam, DT

    ReplyDelete