Sunday, July 17, 2016

Anchor Birthday - CYCI #129


As I said last Sunday, sometimes creating a card takes a few days.  But I have found that other times cards are destined to work out.  You just find that perfect color combo, or the best layout ever, and the card is easy, breezy, beautiful (Cover Girl!).  Luckily, this card was one of those. The Can You Case It challenge for this week is a wonderful color combination that uses pinks, dark blues, and neutrals. And no matter what the layout or color combo this week, the card had to have anchors.  You see, my little sister, Beth, is obsessed with anchors, and she turned 27 on Thursday.  Between the anchors and color challenge, it was kismet.  A pink and navy anchor card!  Yes, please!

I started by stamping the pink and navy patterned paper for the background, using anchors from the Float My Boat by Lawn Fawn and Sail Away by Technique Tuesday stamp sets, with SSS Doll Pink and Lawn Fawn Deep Sea inks.  The Fishtail Banner focal point is from Gina Marie Designs, and I used the new Happy Summer Banner die from Taylored Expressions to cut out the happy banner.  I white heat embossed the birthday stamp, and it's an old standby.  I have found that I use this birthday stamp a lot, and it is a sentiment that I cut apart from the Big Birthday Wishes stamp set in the April 2015 SSS card kit.  I finished the card off with some navy and white baker's twine and glossy accents on the anchor.


I hope to see you play along with the CYCI challenge this week!

Have a good day.
Kayla

14 comments:

  1. Totally adore your card! The anchors are fab! :) Eva

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kayla, Such a cute card! Love the background you created with the anchors. Char

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of the colours this week and a wonderful card for Beth! I am sure she loved it! ~Amber

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bright and fun, great card Kayla. Rose :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great card Kayla. Love it! The colors you chose are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would of never thought to use pink and anchors together. Thanks for expanding my horizons a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to, Kim! It was one of those things that just felt right to me as soon as I thought of it.

      Delete
  7. This is a great birthday card. I love all of the anchors. Great background!

    ReplyDelete