Sunday, July 10, 2016

Be You - CYCI #128


The challenge this week at Can You Case It is a Sketch Challenge.  I studied this sketch for a few days, and then inspiration hit.  First, I flipped the sketch upside down so I could make the top portion into the Town Scene die from Impression Obsession.  Then I decided to make the star into our closest star - the sun!  As I was laying the card out, I just really preferred the dimensions of putting the town along the longer end of the card.  I then used Tim Holtz Distress Ink minis to create the night sky, and then added a ton of stars using the Tim Holtz Distress Splatter Brush (a must have) with some watered down white craft paint.  I finished off the card with a sentiment from the Avery Elle So Happy stamp set, and some white Doodlebug Star Sprinkles.


I hope you will play along with this great sketch challenge!

Have a good day.
Kayla

16 comments:

  1. I love your take on the sketch! Beautifully done! :) Eva

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card Kayla. The night sky is gorgeous! Char

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definite "WOW" factor on this card this week! Beautifully done! ~Amber

    ReplyDelete
  4. interesting take on the sketch. i see it now. tee hee. amazing card, so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine! Yeah, I thought it might be hard to see the sketch without explaining how I got there, but the it is definitely there.

      Delete
  5. Ohhhhhh my gosh...that is a GORGEOUS card Kayla. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a stunning background! you really hit this out of the park!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beyond amazing....completely STUNNING!!

    ReplyDelete