Sunday, July 24, 2016

Hogs and Kisses Birthday - CYCI #130


Of all the kinds of cards that I make, birthday cards are what I need most.  So when I saw that the Can You Case It challenge for this week was to make a birthday card, I was all over that.  I had just bought a DCWV patterned paper pack from Joann's that was birthday themed.  As I was looking through the pack, I couldn't decide which paper to use, to I just used one of each color, and created my own background.  I cut half inch strips of each sheet, and then glued them down to a card front, cutting off the overhang.  I really wanted that paper piecing piece to take center stage, so I decided to make a small focal point in the bottom right of the card.  I used a few banner die cuts, and a really cute pig from the SSS Birthday Farm Animals stamp set.  The pig got a little lost on the background, so I added a vellum circle underneath, and a sentiment from the Taylored Expressions Green Acres stamp set to complete the focal point.  To finish off the card, I used my clear Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pen and Glossy Accents on the balloon, along with a few Doodlebug Glitter Sprinkles.

I'm sure you could use another birthday card in your stash, so I hope you will come play along with us on the CYCI challenge this week!


Have a good day.
Kayla

16 comments:

  1. I love, love, love, love, love, love this!!! That little hog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love our card!! Hogs and kisses made me smile!!!! char

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card! It is so colorful and I especially love the little piggy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How bright and fun Kayla, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a colourful, fun card! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pig! He is too cute. Nice bright card too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the washi tape background! It's so colorful :)
    And the piggy is the cutest!!!
    Josefine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Josefine! I actually just cut strips of patterned paper, but washi would be really cute, too.

      Delete
  8. Love this colorful card Kayla! So fun!

    ReplyDelete