Sunday, July 3, 2016

Perfect Color Combo - CYCI #127



It's Sunday, so time for another Can You Case It challenge. When I saw the color combination for this week's challenge, I literally shrieked with excitement, and then had this card done within 24 hours. With these colors, all I had to add was a Memory Box die, a birthday stamp, and a bunch of sequins. The idea came together easily, but the execution of the card took a little more work, since it is a shaker card. When I use dry adhesive to make a shaker card, the layers usually end up crooked, but when I use a liquid adhesive (Multi Medium Matte or Tombo Mono), I have a really hard time getting the acetate window to stick to the paper or the foam. I was at a crop with my friend AJ from RutabagaPie Designs when I made this card, and she uses a different kind of glue for most all of her crafting. The Beacon 3-IN-1 glue is a lifesaver!  So when my acetate separated from the paper AFTER I filled the window with sequins, I dabbed a little of her glue on...and AMAZING!!!! It gave me a little wiggle room, but once dry, held like Fort Knox.  I was not getting back into that shaker, but more importantly, nothing was getting out of that shaker!  I went and bought some of that glue the next day, and can't wait to play with it on other things.  Thanks so much for that tip, AJ!

I hope this perfect color combo inspires you as much as it did me, and I hope you play along with us this week.



Have a good day.
Kayla

6 comments:

  1. Hi Kayla! Very pretty birthday card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kayla, I love your shaker birthday card. Thanks for the glue tip for the acetate to paper. Char

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Char! And you're welcome. It is a really great glue.

      Delete
  3. I love shaker cards Kayla. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete