Sunday, August 28, 2016

Clemson Football - CYCI #135

I don't think I've mentioned very often, or at all yet, that I'm a Southern girl. I was born, raised, and live in upstate South Carolina.  Besides sweet tea, porch swings, and grits, one of the things that Southerners love most is college football. Now everyone has a favorite team, and in South Carolina, you are typically either a Clemson Tigers fan or a USC Gamecocks fan. Never both, and you pretty much always hate the other...you know, rivalry and all. For me, I love the Clemson Tigers. I know their profile has been raised since they played in the National Championship game earlier this year against Alabama. (And what an amazing game it was!) Clemson did end up losing that game, but just barely, and it made me even more proud to be a fan.


My dad is also a Clemson fan, so I've been watching Clemson football for most of my life. I was a Clemson Tiger for Halloween when I was about 6. My dad painted my face orange and black, and I remember vividly how excruciating it was to remove the paint before bed. We've had that all along, and luckily I started getting into college football about 10 years ago. And really into in the last 5 years. I plan my weekends around when (and whom against) Clemson plays football, and try my best not to miss watching a game.

This week's Can You Case It challenge is Back To School themed, which includes School Pride, and with Clemson football season kicking off this coming Saturday against Auburn, I had to make my dad a card. Clemson colors are orange, white, and purple, and I found these awesome papers and stamps at local scrapbook stores and Clemson merchandise stores.  The card layout is the Papertrey Ink Comic Strip Cover Plate.


I hope you come play along and show us your school pride!

Have a good day.
Kayla

19 comments:

  1. Great take on the challenge, Kayla. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Kayla! I love the layout and colors!


    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the layout - football rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE everything about this card! The bright colors, the layout. It is just perfect! Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't get the whole football thing... BUT I love the layout you used for this card! All of the pieces work awesome together! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Crystal! I know football isn't for everyone. Actually, my husband looks at me like I'm crazy when I watch Clemson play! LOL!

      Delete
    2. That's too funny! My husband is taking our two oldest boys to a football game tonight. None of them like football!! LOL! I hope they have some fun though.

      Delete
  6. Kayla, this is a great card for a man! Good job,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kayla love your card...shhh...even though I am a Auburn Tiger ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Wynne! So it seems we will be pulling for opposite sides this Saturday!

      Delete
  8. I almost spit out my drink seeing your card on the CYCI site! I live in SC, on the coast. Not a native but, still! I recognized that paw print immediately! Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary! Thank you! I will be down to the coast in a few weeks for a much needed vacation. I'm really looking forward to the sea air!

      Delete