Sunday, August 21, 2016

Purrfect Student - CYCI #134

My niece Lizzy just started back to school, so I wanted to make her a card.  She is in the 5th grade now.  (Boy, how fast they grow up, huh?)  The challenge this week at Can You Case It is a Pet Sketch Challenge.  This worked great because Lizzy is obsessed with animals.  When she was a toddler and even into ages 5 and 6, she would pretend to be different animals.  It made my heart happy for her to love something so much.  For the longest time, she said she was going to be an 'animal doctor' before she learned the word veterinarian.  Then she wanted to be a paleontologist, and most recently has started talking about marine biology.  She's only 10, so we have a long way to go before she really has to decide.


This card was made with the SSS Back to School stamp set.  I stamped and then colored the cat and book with my Copics.  Then I used the SSS Sunkist ink pad, Versamark ink, and a few of the stamps from the set to create the background using a technique from a Jennifer McGuire video.


I love how this card turned out and I hope to see you play along with us this week!

Have a good day.
Kayla

16 comments:

  1. I just LOVE that background, Kayla! I will have to check out that tutorial! Beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amber! It is a really fun and pretty easy technique. I do hope you try it out.

      Delete
  2. Everything about this card is purrrfect! Love the background paper, the little kitty, the colors! Great job! Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is fabulous! Love the kitty and background too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kayla your card is so cute! Great job on the background,t hanks for giving us the link.. I will be trying it!! Char

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Char! It's a fun technique, so I hope you do try it!

      Delete
  5. Kayla this is an adorable card. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable! Love the background... I'll have to try that technique!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tihihi, this stamp is too cute! Love what you did with the background!

    ReplyDelete