Sunday, September 11, 2016

New Little Peanut - CYCI #137

One of the first cards that I gave away was a baby card (check it out here if you want). I had made plenty of cards before that, but they were just playing around, and they never left my craft room. Since then, I have made a few other baby cards, but they always seem to be for little boys. So when I saw the color combination for the Can You Case It challenge this week, I thought it would be the perfect time for me to make a card for a baby girl. Now, I don't know anyone having a little girl, but it was too perfect to pass up.


I started by cutting the Impression Obsession Patchwork Elephant die with some music note patterned paper that I found in my stash. Actually, all of the papers on this card are just random pieces that I found in my stash. I then cut 3 tags from the Simon Says Stamps Large Tags, and layered them up to provide a focal point for the elephant. The precious sentiment comes from an A Muse Studio stamp set called Little Peanuts, which appears to be retired. I finished off the card with some Nuvo Drops in Silver Lining and Ebony Black.


I hope to see you play along with this awesome color challenge at CYCI!

Have a good day.
Kayla

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Love the tags and that elephant is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally adorable! Great design this week! ~ Amber

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is just so precious! I love how you used all those different patterned papers and that elephant is soooooooooo stinkin cute! Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jeanne! I do the love that elephant, too.

      Delete
  4. Adorable card, love how you used the colors too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kayla, how adorable is this little elephant. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kayla, this card is so sweet; adorable; and precious. Love the elephant and sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, this is just WAY TOO CUTE!!!! Awwwww....

    ReplyDelete
  8. This baby card is so adorable. I love the color combination too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gah, I love this card, so sweet! Great design!

    ReplyDelete