Sunday, September 18, 2016

Spooky Shaker - CYCI #138

I have decided to do a small series of Halloween cards this year.  This is my first card in the series, and I'm kicking it off with a bang!  This shaker card for the Can You Case It challenge this week was a labor of love!


I started with the new Taylored Expressions Haunted Cutting Plate. When I saw this die on the shelf, I just knew I wanted some bats shaking around in the background of that frame.  That was way easier said than done!  It took me over an hour to get the shaker portion built because of how thin the top and sides of the die are.  Now, a smarter person may have moved on, but I am stubborn and persevered.  I'm glad I did, because I love this card!  I filled the shaker window with a die cut of a witch from the Impression Obsession Halloween Set, and plenty of ghosts from the Poppy Group of Ghosts die set.  I finished off the shaker bits with some purple bat confetti, white stars, and black and green sequins.  The sentiment is from a small Art-C stamp set that I found at Michaels.


I sure hope to see you play along with this shaker challenge.  The rest of the Design Team at CYCI have awesome shaker cards to share and provide inspiration.  Check them out and get to shakin'!  =)

Have a good day.
Kayla

12 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card Kayla, The background colors are great! Char

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Amazing shaker, Kayla! Love all the details - awesome! ~ Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! What an awesome card! I LOVE everything about it! This card is just fantastic! Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowza! This is one amazing Halloween card :) love all the tiny ghosts and the witch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH.MY.GOSH this is a great shaker card!! Love the Halloween sky, that tree and those ghosts and sequins, they all really make it a fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH.MY.GOSH this is a great shaker card!! Love the Halloween sky, that tree and those ghosts and sequins, they all really make it a fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhhh this is spooky awesome! I love that sky! Gorgeous! ~Amber

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cool is that card! Lovely work Kayla, love the purple, orange and black.... So Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is bootiful!!! love all the details that you incorporated into it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kayla...love this Halloween card...great idea~ Wynne :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kayla this is a colorful Halloween card. Great job.

    ReplyDelete