Sunday, October 2, 2016

EEK!

The next card in my Halloween Series is this super fun grouping card that I made for Can You Case It, but there is some sad news about my favorite challenge blog.  Eva has decided to stop running the CYCI challenge blog.  I am very sad to see it go, but so very thankful for the opportunity that I had to be a part of such an amazing group of card makers.


The sketch was to create a grouping on your card.  I was recently cropping at Scrapbook Creations (the best local scrapbook store around), and they had the Impression Obsession Die114-O (Halloween Set), so of course I had to pick it up!  I immediately thought of this sketch and set to creating a grouping with the dies.  As I was walking around the store, I found some really cute brads in the open stock area and decided to use 3 bat brads to add a little interest to my card.  The sentiment is from the new Taylored Expressions Boo to You stamp set.  I also used a SSS Stitched Circle die to create the moon, and a little Dusty Concord Distress ink on the card base to complete the card.



I think this sketch was so much fun, and am really sad that my time on this DT is over.

Have a good day.
Kayla

4 comments:

  1. Super cute Halloween card! Thanks for joining us over at Kat Scrappiness to celebrate World Card Making Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Kayla!! Love the shading behind the moon... subtle, but it really adds to the card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a lovely card, Kayla! Glad you could use the sketch for other challenges ;)
    Thanks for joining us at the Kat Scrappiness challenge - Josefine :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a big fan of collage style and your subtle inking in the back is really perfect, what a cute scene! Thanks for playing along in our WCMD challenge! -AJ, DT KatScrappiness

    ReplyDelete