Sunday, October 16, 2016

Falling Leaves

I took a step away from my Halloween series to make a Fall card today.  I want to start by saying that I love autumn! It is absolutely my favorite time of the year! I love sweaters, boots, soup, football, falling leaves, crisp cool air, and every single thing about it!

As I have said before, I live in South Carolina, and we typically have long, hot summers. Well this year was no different. But it hasn't just been a long, hot summer, but a long and hot year! I had the air conditioner on for a Christmas Eve get together last December, and it broke, leaving us sweating while celebrating the wondrous winter holiday. So now that the temperatures are FINALLY starting to dip, I am in a mood to celebrate....with a Falling Leaves Shaker Card!


One of my favorite things about fall is the colors. I love changing leaves, the home decor, and orange (Go Tigers!)! So with changing leaves as my inspiration, I created this shaker card, and absolutely fell in love! I started by die cutting the tree from the Darice Tree die that I found at Consumer Crafts. This is a steal of a die at less than $9, so I wasn't expecting the best cut ever...but boy was I wrong! It cuts like butter!


Then to add the important part of a Falling Leaves Shaker Card, I distress inked a piece paper with Peeled Paint, Fossilized Amber, Spiced Marmalade, Fired Brick, and Vintage Photo inks. Then I used the Impression Obsession Die201-K (Oak Leaves and Rake) to cut the leaves out.  After layering the foam tape, I placed each leaf in the shaker, and due to the thickness, they don't turn over!  I glued a few of them in place on the tree, and finished off the card with a sentiment.

Other product used:
Tumbled Glass Distress ink
Lawn Fawn Grassy Border die
Lawn Fawn Sweater Weather
Lawn Fawn Large Stitched Rectangles Stackables
Lawn Fawn Small Stitched Rectangles Stackables
MFT Fishtail Flags Stax

Have a good day.
Kayla

2 comments:

  1. Good thing the leaves didn't turn over, I do like how you made them with the distress inked paper :) What an amazing card, love the tree and the leaves, you made such a cute scene!

    ReplyDelete