Thursday, October 13, 2016

OSAT Blog Hop - Oh My Pumpkins and Pie


I am so excited to have been asked to be a guest designer on the OSAT Blog Hop this month. If you are hopping along, you got to me from Wynne's blog, and I'm sure you loved her projects as much as I do!  The theme this month is Oh My Pumpkins and Pie, and of course that sent me right down the path of Autumn and Thanksgiving.

I started by making a super cute pumpkin wreath card using some products from Hero Arts and Simon Says Stamp.  That Hero Arts Wreath die is simply perfection, and I have been wanting to find the perfect occasion to use the SSS Stitched Pumpkins dies for a while. After white heat embossing the sentiment, I realized that the background definitely needed a little something to finish the card off. Luckily a friend pointed me towards gold when I suggested some splatters on the background. I used the Delicata gold ink on a stamp block, added some water, and flicked away with my Tim Holtz splatter brush. I love the end result, and hope you do too!



I also made some matching place cards for my Thanksgiving table this year. I cut some white paper to 3 x 3.5 inches and scored it in half on the long side to make the place cards themselves. Then I added some leftover strips of my patterned paper to ground a popped up stitched pumpkin. I also added some more of those gold splatters to finish them off. I haven't put names on the place cards yet, but I hope to use the new Concord and 9th Perfectly Penned stamp set to make the names pretty (because my handwriting is simply atrocious!). I hope that I inspired you, and please don't forget to continue on the Blog Hop below.


Thank you for checking out my projects today.  Please continue on the blog hop by pressing the NEXT button below to go to Wendy's blog and see some beautiful creations by her.

13 comments:

  1. The light sponging really makes the die cuts pop! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card. Love the pumpkins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those place cards would be welcome on my table!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, you mentioned me, lol! Your card and place cards turned out beautifully and the gold was the perfect finish! I like that you can use up scraps of paper and make the place cards too. I think I might make some for my table this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I told you I would. If you do make some, make sure to send me some pictures! I'm sure they will be lovely.

      Delete
  5. The gold splatters are awesome and of course so is AJ! Love your little diecuts.. so stinkin' cute! I may just need those dies in my life. The sponging on the edges of them really adds the perfect touch! Altogether gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tina! And yes, that AJ is pretty awesome, and those stitched pumpkins are amazing!

      Delete
  6. What a cute fall wreath and place cards!

    ReplyDelete